Skip to main content

Reply to ""eBay Fails to Wow Wall Street""

All eBay has done since making recent policy changes--many of which it fails to enforce when it comes to buyers (i.e. Buyer Accountability, filing a dispute process, etc.)--is drive long-time sellers away while attracting a new, unfavorable bidding element. With sellers now having very few rights on eBay, and Customer Support being anything but supportive, I've noticed the amount of non-paying bidders on my auctions literally quadruple within the past two months moreso than in over seven years of being an eBay seller. Likewise, one problem buyer--even one with a two year history of scamming sellers--can destroy a seller's reputation as each eBay department is so specialized and unversed in both English and comprehensive skills that multiple complaints from numerous sellers fail to drive the point home that the new system isn't working except for buyers who have learned how to use it for their own unethical advantage. Even math graduates I know fail to understand the feedback calculation equation since the number of sales or feedbacks isn't actually being used anywhere in the process? Also, a neutral feedback now goes against a seller as much as a negative one--although eBay will, at least, be correcting that in late August. As others have said before me, eBay went from being a brilliant brainstorm to a dimly lit raincloud on the horizon of a failing economy. Speaking on behalf of my fellow sellers, we all expected more... our having been the ones to help found eBay; with eBay now turning its back on us as it flounders to keep afloat. The new brand of buyers it's attracted certainly won't be the ones to save it!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.