Skip to main content

Reply to ""eBay Fails to Wow Wall Street""

quote:
Posted July 31, 2008 03:11 PM Hide Post
I my self prefer to buy from Amazon and I also sell on Amazon when ever possible. I sell some things on Ebay that are a bit unusual to be able to find together on Amazon.com. I have always had trouble getting people to pay. Because I used to work in a bank I learned not to accept personal checks. I'm not surprised Amazon does better because some of the books are down to 1 cents. They give the sellers $3.99 per book to ship. This only works if the book is very light. Also people don't expect their items immediately on Amazon since most everyone elects standard shipping which is the slow media mail.If you mail a book media mail on ebay the customer gets angry. Some ask for you to refund like 50 cents in postage.

Well, I sell on Amazon, too. I like Amzon better because there is NO SALE TILL THE ITEM IS PAID FOR! So, you don't have to deal with non paying customers. That aspect I like from Amazon. However their shipping calculation really sucks! BUT, I found that if I put higher weight then I am able to recover my actual shipping costs. That's the key! If you put actual weight and dimentions, then their shipping reimbursement does not cover the actual shipping charges. I am not sure how they calculate them.... So what is the moral of all stories??? Cheat!!! say that you got fakes, when you got hte real thing. Say that you paid for an item, when you didn't. Blackamil all sellers whenver you can, or leave a negative feedback. That's the Ebay policy! Am I wrong? I would love to argue this point with someone....
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.