Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay founder Pierre M Omidyar Ranked 18th Richest In America"

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:
quote:
If you're doing great..then you give BACK to those that helped you to make those record breaking profits.
He's giving it back, just not to those that helped him make it. Once eBay went public they now have to look out for their shareholders. And that means no freebies and to extract as much as they possibly can out of sellers.

If I remember right eBay didnt even need to go public, they were already profitable, had a bunch of money in the bank, and the amount the raised by going public was a small sum compared to their bank account and earnings that were coming in. They probably never even touched it. I'm pretty sure I even remember interviews where they said the never touched it. Going public was just a way for the founders of eBay to cash out.

That's what I admire about the founder. Philanthropy runs deep in my veins..I only wish it could run deep in my pockets..but I give where I can.

I feel that what the FOUNDER is doing is VERY worthy. I enjoy his site and what he's doing with his life.

Darn it..I wonder if the thing is still DVR'd..If I find it I'll try (note the word try to get a VHS copy done for you) And they didn't go to ANYTHING that he does. Actually made him out to be a hit and run, outta here kinda grab the money and go guy. I knew he had done and is still doing worthy causes and it's a shame the documentary didn't go into it further.

Take care, Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.