Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay makes listing delays a fraud prevention feature"

I follow a couple groups of powersellers and haven't heard of the 24 hour delay for this summer. There must have been a miscommunication somewhere along the line as I don't believe this will happen.

Perhaps what was meant was that it may take up to 24 hours for eBay to determine if the items are legitmate or not before showing them in search results. From my experience I've seen most items go up right away, then some are flagged by eBay and don't show in the results. Of those flagged items many show up within a few hours. Only a few take longer than that. I can see that process taking 24 hours in some situations perhaps. I don't think it will be across the board, and I think most of the time they'll be approved or disapproved much quicker than 24 hours.

I'm glad to see them do it. There was far too much fraud going on and it was really negatively affecting the marketplace. I can already seem some improvements just in the past few months as they cracked down. That's a good thing for sellers as it means there are more buyers on eBay and they don't have to worry as much about getting ripped off.

Of course I have no inside info. I'm usually the last person to find out, eBay doesn't typically give us any advanced notice on anything.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.