Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay New Picture Policies --Spring Seller Update"

quote:
so most of my listings run for 7 or 30 days. they are fixed price listings and so i will have to remove all those lovely frames. my pics already conform on the sizes but as i was cropping i found the image resize button under image management.

Well, if I were you. I would make the decision based on time involved. It takes a LOT less time to change your listings to a GTC duration, then it would to update all your existing photos.

I run mostly multiple quantity GTC listings, many are variation listings as well, so, relisting every thirty days would eliminate inventory control processes. Not very smart.

On my single quantity items I have relisted every thirty days, and instead use the auto relist feature through Auctiva. However, I will probably change those to GTC. As there is no way I'm going to risk the mass confusion that threatens to ensue at implemention of the mandated policy, affecting my work flow. I'll deal with revisions on my inventory photos once I have some substantive answers on my "branding" watermark. They consistently contradict themselves on this matter. Telling sellers that our "logos" are impermissable, while attribution watermarks are "permitted." Well my present logo serves as both--attribution and branding. And since we all know how ineffectual eBay is at preventing infringement on our copyrighted photos, I don't see how they can legally enforce this policy.

Some of the site upgrades are still not fully operational. Plus there are additional features in "streamline search" which will affect how I choose to market visually. And I don't know when they expect to roll-out those changes.

So, as far as I'm concerned, by photos will remain just as I have them. I'm not going to jump through hoops, based on their fabricated reasons as to why they are mandating their own personal "desires."

This is MY inventory to market. eBay has no investment made in my inventory to dictate how I present my catalog of offerings to the customer. They are free to inform me how to "improve" and I will take such "suggestions" under advisement. Wink
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.