Skip to main content

Reply to "Ebay New Rules for Gallery Showcase Etc"

Lol, that explains a lot.

Those are rules set up by our competitor to try and get the chinese hackers to quit using their site to list the fake items on eBay. They weren't set up by eBay and don't affect items listed with Auctiva.

Hilarious.

The hackers used us for a short time but we pretty much developed a system within a few days that's stopped them from using us, but hasn't inconvienced our users. For a few days there were creating 200+ accounts a day here, and listing 10,000+ items a day. All 1 day auctions. Ripping off hundreds or thousands of buyers a day before eBay ends the listing. I figure they were making $10k a day or more. Just some school kinds in internet cafes in China probably. They're not going to stop.

Really eBay needs to be the one to stop this. I knew as soon as we stopped them they'd just move to another 3rd party lister. Now I know where they went. And that was about 7-8 weeks ago so I guess they've been there a while. That might explain some of the performance and other problems there too with hackers chewing up system resources.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.