Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay Placing ads on YOUR sales pages"

quote:
One seller who wrote to AuctionBytes about the links said, "I just noticed a new advertisement on all my item pages for Free Experian Credit Reports. That really bothers me. I consider the item page space I have purchased from eBay for a high fee where I will advertise my items for sale - not another entity! Sellers are not allowed to add their website addresses to the item page. Why can eBay add links that will take buyers out of my item pages? I work very hard to get people to visit my items so they will buy from me - not be distracted by some nonsense I have no control over."

Rock solid reasoning. Ebay is really pushing the boundries of seller exploitation here. I understand it's all about money, but hey, listings are down right? (way down) Revenue is down right?
So why are listings down? - because of arrogant, short sighted moves like this that's why, trampling on sellers has consequences. Ebay, wake up - killing the goose that lays the golden egg applies to you too - the competition may be easy to ignore now, but they are at your back and your geese are restless.

If ebay eventually evolves into one gigantic ultra-commercialized shopping mall primarily comprised of big retailers and power sellers, with the small and individual sellers pushed to the side or pushed out, were do you think a lot of buyers are going to go to get that "ebay experience" that is no more? It's a fast changing world - look at Sears, look at K-Mart. Ebay, be careful.
Last edited by ninthwave
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.