Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay Raises Fees Again. Insertion fees this time."

Just get your own website and spend the money you normally would pay eBay for their consumer base and advertise your website. Basically, for those whose profit margins are very tight, this is about the only alternative. Of course, there's Amazon with their .99 and up to 15% fee. There's eCrator, they're free but slow.

Or get a real life brick and mortar site. Pay some landlord rent, then the utilities and whatever insurance that's required and yadda, yadda. That's real life watching for sales. Yep, sitting in the store week in and week out. Yippie.....................

Aside from creating and advertising the heck out of your own website there are limited 'real' options. That's just the way it is. eBay IS greedy. No surprise, most corporations are. It's the nature of the beast, the American way. Sad but true.

A merchant has to tap dance to the ever changing landscape known as eBay or move on. For sellers with slim profit margins, eBay I imagine would be scary. If this is the case, depending on the inventory, it might be time to sell something new. Something to consider.

In my mind, the worst thing eBay did to sellers in a long time was raising the gallery fee. Now that my friends was sticking it to us but good! The .35 gallery charge is outrageous! Of course, everyone uses it. It really is too bad we couldn't get a huge percentage of sellers to refuse to use gallery until it was lowered to a reasonable fee. This is the evil let out of the eBay box that is costing everyone A LOT of bank.

The .05 doesn't really affect me. I list all BIN/BO listing over $9.99. I rarely do auctions anymore. I've learned they're inferior for what I'm selling. My average sale is under $50.00. So, I lucked out on this last hike. I'm thinking a store increase is coming this summer. If one does come, they had better offer AMAZING options for me to stay. As it is now, I plan on getting a website. I have to build a customer base first, and so on.

All I know is this, I buy most of my items for .99 cents and I sell them on average for $20 or so. I know of no place else to do it with the same coverage other than, eBay. For all their BS, it is still the place for me.

My 2 cents.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.