Skip to main content

Reply to "eBay Raises Fees Again. Insertion fees this time."

quote:
We believe every individual
has the power to make a difference.

Do you believe?

Jeff: NO, I don't believe. I've heard that mantra for almost ten years now that we sellers have the power to bring eBay down. BS. You can't break this monopoly. You have to live with it, and be angry with it. There is no cure for it other than to stop selling. I unfortunately need ebay to make the extra dollars I make. I get annoyed when they penny pinch me and take more when it is totally un-necessary for them to do so.

quote:
In my mind, the worst thing eBay did to sellers in a long time was raising the gallery fee. Now that my friends was sticking it to us but good! The .35 gallery charge is outrageous! Of course, everyone uses it.

Bravo for that. It is outrageous, and eBay is laughing all the way to the bank! Look at listings. I'd say 90% of the listings I see have the gallery image. Apparently people don't care that their listing costs 70 cents. I like the sellers who list something for $10 and have 8 eBay hosted images, and each image also has the supersize option! These people obviously have no idea what this is costing them. I can hear eBay laughing.
Gallery is something that should just be standard, as in free.
Last edited by jeffs
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.