Skip to main content

Reply to ""eBay Redraws Rules for Sellers""

Hi, I am a UK eBayer and am too very disappointed to say the least at eBays increasing draconian policy changes and there increased over time fees. Mention has been made of 12% overall eBay and Pay Pal fees. Well I can confirm that on average my fees total about 20 - 22% of the total sale value whcih works out about double of what I was being charged when i joined some 5 years ago. Furthermore I have had a number of Listings pulled by eBay because of a breach of their Policy whereby they state if you List something on eBay YOU CANNOT offer it for sale elsewhere concurrently! This has happened because I thought it only courteous to make it clear to potential bidders that some of my items were advertised elsewhere. I therefore included the following "offending" phrase in my Listing "Please be advised this item is on sale elsewhere, therefore unless the item is already sold on eBay via the Buy Now, I may close the auction/Listing earlyshould it be sold beforehand". I could come up with a number of similar "constraints of trade" like this, but instead will close by commenting on their reluctance to do anything about reported and blatantly obvious counterfeits "only UNLESS they are notified by the Copyright holder". I have seen so many Soprano counterfeits sold, despite me notifying eBay with relevant evidence including Amazon/consumer etc. reports and photos on the counterfeit product, and yet they still let down the buyer who ends up basically ripped off, unhappy and with little or no redress.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.