Skip to main content

Reply to "Ebay's FEE increase (again) in March '10"

Ebay has there Best to run me off however Ive won the battle so far. Thats almost at a end but it was fun while it lasted.
I do believe its true for the last few years they have tried to thin out all the smaller sellers to allow the bigger ones more profit. I'll bet they also have a line of bigger sellers wanting in but have set demands such as lesser competition ect.
Ive held the Top rated seller status since day one however ebay decided to make me a large seller hence forcing my DSRs to a 3month evaluation instead of the normal 12 month. Now I am right on the edge of losing it. No big deal as I have been lucky to hold it this far.
Im considered a larger seller because I sell 150 items a month on ebay. I had to laugh at that.

On my dsr with the 12 month evaluation I could get up to 8 (1s or 2s) before I lost it. Basically I could get 8 in January and keep my status for the next 11 months as longs as I got no more.

Now since I am on the 3 month I can only get 2 every 3 months. 3rd one I lose it.

The only difference is I have to be consistent and not get a bunch at anyone time.

New pricing doesnt really change for me and it will give me more exposure when its into the mainstream

However anyone selling common items like Bon Jovi Cds, ect where there are a million. Your basically out of luck unless you want to give it away for free

Once ever store item goes into the mainstream. What used to be lets say 100 Bon Jovi cds will turn to 1000s.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.