Skip to main content

Reply to "ebay saved Old listings show up as totally different item"

Hi knotacellar,

Thanks for contributing to our forum. Although it is not clear to me where you are encountering this behavior, there are certain circumstances under which the “Edit and Relist” option available on the Closed Listings page will load the details from a different so I suspect you may be encountering this difficulty when using that feature.

If you click the “Edit and Relist” link next to an item on your Closed Listings page, the details on the relist editor will be pulled from the saved listing within your account from which that item was originally posted.

As a result, if you either modified that saved listing since posting the item OR revised the listing on eBay while it was active, the details that are loaded into the relist editor from the saved listing the item was posted from may not match the details in the closed listing.

Generally speaking, the best way to avoid this behavior is to keep the saved listings associated with the items you post through Auctiva in their original state by making an effort not to save over them when creating new listings from existing saved listings.

For example, if you are building a new listing from an existing saved listing, just click the “Save as New” button at the bottom of the lister page before posting or scheduling the new listing. Doing so will create a new saved listing that reflects the new listing details and keep the existing one intact.

Similarly, if you were to make a change to a listing through the eBay Revise your Item form while a listing is active, you would need to make that same change in the saved listing within your Auctiva account from which it was posted in order to ensure you would see that same change if you use the “Edit and Relist” option to relist the item after is closes.

I hope this helps. If the behavior you are seeing does not match what I have described, or you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.