Skip to main content

Reply to ""eBay Shoppers Jump Ship""

I've been using GreedBay for ten years as well, and used to sell many of my trains starting at 99 cents, many of which only sold for that amount. Made little profit at that price, however since the change in CEO, and GreedBay's purchase of PayPal, coupled with all of the on-going restrictions placed on sellers, I was losing more and more as the weeks went by. Now that they are gearing towards large volume commercial sellers to the detriment of small sellers, making eBay a viable home business is GONE! Their so-called fees reduction was nothing more than a scam to ultimately raise fees! Only power sellers with large volumes and 'perfect' seller ratings get any kind of discounts now! The 'little guy' has been shut out! Three years ago, when I started really getting sales going and was a power seller, I averaged $180 - $225 net profit monthly. That steadily went down, even though my sales were increasing! My last month as an active seller netted me a -$32.97 invoice, without ANY sales! It was all listing fees! I have since closed my eBay store and moved to eBid.net where my sales have again picked up!
Like so many others, I only buy anything on eBay now if I can't find it elsewhere! For two months now I've been watching seller's listings in my preferred category, and have seen their listing prices increasing while their sales are dropping. Many formerly 'hot' items aren't selling there any longer, and those that do are bringing fewer bidders. On top of that, my last three purchases were never received, and it took well over a month to finally get a refund from PayPal, one of which resulted in my being sued by a neighbor as the dog training no-bark collar that I should have had within a week never arrived! That seller had a 100% rating, but apparently decided to take everyone's money and go elsewhere.
As far as I'm concerned, eBay is HISTORY!
quote:
Originally posted by penguinsaz:
I have noticed the tend to fewer customers and poorer ones on eBay as well and after 10 years on the site I am sure I know some of the reasons why. EBay is trying to control OUR customers! Not allowing them to pay as they choose and slowing down the site with ads and other stuff. The new format is two spacious for PDA buyers (or telephone buyers) and too tedious and confusing for the older ones. Too slow...too much junk and not the old variety. It is not cost effective to sell on eBay anymore. Very sad but true. And if it's only use is to fins customers then be unable to connect with them, in the stamp business this is vital, what;s the point? We should all profit reasonably not just eBay cleaning us out! Just like the past governments allowing the greedy to siphon off most if not all the profits and leaving the little guy hanging. This site was to bring out all the little guys with their variety and enthusiasm. Too bad it's going downhill with the new people at the helm!
Last edited by customtrainsbyltds
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.