Skip to main content

Reply to "EDITOR - About to Pull My Hair Out"

I always prefer to create in Word and copy/paste into the design editor, but never ever edit the resulting horrendous code created in HTML either directly or via the design editor. Recipe for all sorts of font related chaos.

Not sure it is Word that mangles the HTML as I do not save the Word text in anything other than it's standard doc format, I certainly do not save it in HTML. I believe it is the receiving editor that translates it from 'doc' format to HTML.

HTML appears, sorry is a very sloppy language that requires a bloated browser to read it, unlike the more rigorous XML and derivatives. This I beleive is where browsers, editors and previewers start interpreting the code in various ways and even show errors that do not exist when the listing goes live on eBay.

Summary, I don't know enough about HTML to make a clean job of it but copy/pastes from Word lets me do a lot more than I could otherwise. If I need to change the pasted text I edit the Word version and repaste. Works for me, and in IE6 with the design editor do not clean the paste ! Smile
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.