Skip to main content

Reply to "Editor not working? Text size, fonts, positioning keeps changing!"

Hi Danno,

I pasted the text into practicewriter, here is the link...

http://PracticeWriter.com/vu/?5F019

The cell table at the top of the listing was created in the new Auctiva editor and is saved as a master profile. Everything in there was created from Auctiva, Notepad or Metapad. Metapad was suggested by an Auctiva tech about a year ago.

I received a ticket response but it said the generic stuff that I have read everywhere else about... well I'll just post the response...

Hello lostworldbooks, Thank you for contacting customer support. Recently for security reasons we updated our site with a new text editor that has more strident guidelines for displaying HTML code, particularly code that was copied and pasted from other sources. Previously descriptions that were copied from other sources may have had code that was incomplete, included code on top of code or was in general 'sloppy'. Our previous editor would default to not display the incomplete and erroneous code in the HTML so the previews and subsequent listings would appear not to have issues. Text that is copied and pasted from sources such as MS Word and DreamWeaver can contain such heavy and contradictory formatting that it can cause the description editor to appear completely blank and unresponsive. To resolve this issue with our new text editor we recommend manually inputting your description in the Auctiva editor and adding formatting after the description has been complete. If you must copy and paste we recommend pasting the text first in to a simple text editor like 'Notepad' (every PC has one) copying the text again while in Notepad and then pasting the text in to Auctiva and adding formatting to taste. I hope you find this response to be helpful. If there is anything further we can do to assist you, please let us know! Thank you, Auctiva Support
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.