Skip to main content

Reply to "Editor not working? Text size, fonts, positioning keeps changing!"

quote:
I read somewhere else that the editor Auctiva uses is from another company, why can't you guys just switch to a new editor that simply works instead of always having to come up with workarounds?

Hi Rick,

Auctiva uses the FCKEDITOR, and has since I joined back in early 2006. That's a good tool. This version is simply more strict on code compliance, and probably needs to be given eBay directives for standards and compliance policy. Is that bad? Well, if someone elses editor is allowing bad code and you (at some point) get the eBay BIG BOOT for bad code on the site in violation of site interference and/or compliance policy, is that nasty or what?

So far, the editor (IMO) is doing its job. If that prevents a member getting policy violations and/or permanent suspension due to some future vindictive move by eBay to ENFORCE....I'm feeling a whole lot safer. Wink Is that an exaggeration? Well, if you were selling eBooks a year ago, you possibly awoke one fine Spring morning to find all your listings cancelled and your were suspended, when the policy banning eBook sales hadn't even yet been published. What do you think?

Danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.