Skip to main content

Reply to "Eek! What's happened to my sales?"

I'm experimenting with sales. Mainly, pricing. I launched 40 items at .99 cents last week. So far, 17 have bids. The bids are much lower than I hoped for, but may still bid up. I have a TON of hits on my counters and a definate increase in watchers (doesn't mean much to me).

I don't know about other categories. However, in apparel, I'm beginning to think lowballing the initial price is the way to go. Even if it means selling some items at the starting bid price. It seems if you're listing popular brands they bid up most of the time and it all averages out in the end. I base this on watching several sellers over the last 6 months or so. The big advantage is, most everything sells the FIRST time listed.

Also, try going to the WANT IT area of eBay. You know, where buyers post what they're looking for on eBay. Then do a search for items you have to offer. Don't bother weeding through a gazillion ads. Search for what you have to offer and then offer it. Free advertising.

I have a few more ideas I'm playing with. Once I try them out, I'll let you know. As sellers we can fall into a rut, get stale. Sometimes, it's good to shake things up a bit.

Make a big deal about having a mega /super sale. Hold it on the same day and every week. Send out newletter emails to your subscribers. Post it in all of your listings. Something like, beininng at *:** AM/PM, every **** is our Mega Mania Sale! All items starting at $***!

I would have to say, one of the biggest hinderences to my growth has been, me. Not being consistent. We're running online stores. We have to keep buyers motivated to purchase from us. We have to stand out from the competition. Gain buyer loyalty and so forth. Okay, I'm rambling. Gotta go.

More later gators.

PS - I'm sure most of you already know all of this. Me, I'm always learning.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.