Skip to main content

Reply to "Eek! What's happened to my sales?"

Memorial weekend to Labor Day weekend On eBay = Slow sales in auto parts. Or maybe I should say Vintage/Classic ~ Options/Accessories/Other Neat Auto Related Doo-Dads.

Oh, you can still sell parts, but sell-through is down - items go less or quite a bit less than they do in Sep>OCTOBER>Nov. & Mid Jan>Feb>MARCH>April>May. Christmas time and the summer = POOR SALES. Either the wife and kids want all of the money for Christmas shopping or in the summer the guys are just out & about, driving their cars or going to shows/swap meets - getting out into the great outdoors etc . . . This summer has been extremelly slow, but pretty much typical . . . watchers are WAY down. On similar items - as an example, in the winter I may have anywhere from 30-60 wathchers average - but in the summer . . . 4 or 5 up to maybe 9 or 12 . . . Yeah watchers don't really mean much...except maybe that there is ACTUALLY someone out there -lol!

Things do seem to be much tighter right now - even on the rarer, more sought after stuff...Although I have seen some stuff sell this summer for prices that knocked my socks off...3 'correct' rods to connect a 4 speed shifter to a transmission - in this case for a MoPar make muscle car. Yeah - they're tough to come across - hard to find...BUT GEEZY LOUIZIE . . . over $400? So goes to show you...Ya never know!

Gas prices...Loom & Doom of War...Election On The Way...Life In General - it all has it's effects. I guess all I can say is
DIVERSIFY .... Buy a bigger house>shop> Eek BIGGER Storage Building and sell a variety of stuff . . . Vintage Military Stuff does gangbusters all the time, the 'Gun Guys'...any of it - all of it sells ... watch your markets then dump your scrap Gold / Silver (This can be a pretty amazing and entertaining category to 'Watch') . . . Certain 50's and 60's kitschy little China/Porcelain things/figurines go well anytime...Any collectible/antique type thing that is RARE will go good anytime - but there again...HOW GOOD... depends on the time of year.

I myself just get the feeling that things may get tougher before they get better . . . but don'tdespairandThanktheLord for the consumer driven bunch of people that we've all become.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.