Skip to main content

Reply to "Eek! What's happened to my sales?"

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
Well, I'm hopeful that things will start kicking again after the holiday and routines are back in place...

Magie, I agree with you about the lower starting prices. It's risky and you have to have decent stuff to sell but I've found (at least when sales are steady) that the really good sales are plentiful enough that I don't mind the ones that only go for the starting bid too much.

My experiment included 40 auctions lauched at .99 cents each. I have bids on 19 of them with watchers on some of the rest. So far, There is $160.26 in bids. That's only, $8.42 average per item. My shipping covers all fees. At this rate I'll make about $8.00 per item. I guess that's okay for an under $20.00 investment. I hope they bid more tomorrow night before closing.

On the items that were without bids as of this morning, I placed higher amounts on them. I really don't care to give away suits for .99 cents. I'd rather place them in my eBay Store. Someone will but it.

This one blouse (I think is kind ugly) is up to $19.00! Cool.

I think a mix of .99 cents and items under $9.99 for most things is a good way to go. For sure, the low starting price generates the heat for popular brand named items. My inventory is mid-level Macy's type of stuff.

I see some apparel sellers who sell artsy boutique apparel for a nice chunk of change. Some of it goes for hundreds a piece. I can't get a hold of that type of merchandise. Anyway, the brands and low starting prices.

I'll let you know what I end up with tomorrow night.

Oh yeah, September has always been a very good month for me. Sales are coming.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.