Skip to main content

Reply to "Eek! What's happened to my sales?"

Lol, I'm talking to myself. That's okay, we all learn from each other. I have great news to report. The selling low WORKS! That is, IF you are selling the right brand names. For me, I'm able to get the mid-level (Macy's) brand names. So, that's what I sell. I can't locate high end boutique apparel or I would definately sell it.

Here is my tally for this evening.

I launched 40 items all starting at .99 cents.

Out of the 40 items, 24 sold their first time out. I have no idea what percentage that ends up being (54%?) but I do know, it is over 50% sell through. I'm happy with that and I believe I can increase it by leaving out all of the brands that move slowly or don't sell.

Only 3 items ended at .99 cents. One suit sold at $2.25. Two items at $3.25 and one item at $5.01. The rest preformed well.

Remember that blouse I felt was sort of ugly? Well, it sold for $28.90! Oh wow, I was cracking up. The silk and wool dresses went as follows, $42.05, 30.99, $31.00, $23.50 and so forth. The rest went for $15.00 to $20.00 or so.

I sold a single store item for $9.95.

Launched 40 items, 24 sold for $349.84. Add the store item for a total of $359.79.

I've decided on the suits not to go too low. As for the rest, some at .99 cents to draw buyers in and the majority around $5.99 to $9.99.

One more thing, I stopped accepting money orders. I was very tired of SLOW payers, NPBs and the hassel of driving to my PO Box. As far as I know, it hasn't affected my sales. I now use the MUST have a PayPal account block. I love it. The PP buyers pay almost always right away! My kind of buyers. I will still accept MOs upon request. There are plenty of great MO buyers as well. Anyway, that's my report.

In demand brand names with low starting bids is the way to go. List the so so stuff in your store or don't buy it at all. That's my 2 cents.

Oh, one more thing, please keep in mind that I'm able to get my inventory for less than $1.00 each item. So, I wasn't risking anything accpet my initial cost. If you're paying a lot more for your inventory, then going low might not be the way to go for you.

I hope this report helps some of you. As for me, I'm motivated again. To sell!

Good luck with your sales.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.