Skip to main content

Reply to "Eek! What's happened to my sales?"

quote:
Originally posted by betty122243:
Magie, would you send me your store name. I want to look at it and learn from it. I have learned so much that way. I am considering doing some .99 auctions. A big thanks. Smile

Hi Betty,

Just be prepared to sell it at .99 cents. Meaning you can live with it, if it ends up selling at the start price of .99 cents. I had 3 items sell at .99 cents.

I had a suit sell for $2.25 and another for $16.50. I wasn't pleased with this result. On the 6th day, a few items still were without bids. So, I hiked them up to $8, $15 and $20. A pair of pants sold at $8, a blazer at $15 and two suits at $20.00. If I didn't raise the price, they would have sold at .99 cents.

I've treated this eBay ID more like a hobby for some 3 years. However, after watching several sellers sell product simular to mine with great success, I'm ready to get serious. Everyone has something they can sell. In apparel, there are so many differnt choices. The high end boutique apparel fetches A LOT of moola. Plus it has a cult like following. I've busted my hump looking for these designer names in this area but I haven't had any success. I find mid-level stuff like, Coldwater Creek, Eileen Fisher and so forth. This stuff is okay but not high designer. Since I can't locate the high end boutique/artsy stuff, I guess, I'm sticking with mid-level Macy's type apparel.

It just means more work. More volume to make big $$$.

That's okay too.

As far as this eBay ID goes, most people who know me from, SpareDollar already know it. So, I have no problem giving it out here. I'm eFashion2Go.

My eBay Store

Currently, I have all of my so so apparel launched to auctions from my store. I was very busy this past week and couldn't create/finish listing for this ID. I use to launch blanks listings and then try to fill them in. Of course, this was a HUGE mistake.

Anyway, my current auctions are NOT what a seller wants to list. This is nice apparel but not auction apparel. This is store apparel. I will be editing these listings throughout this weekend to replace it with better apparel. So, check back then.

These are the mid-level, Macy's type apparel that sell.

Here are my closed listings from last night.

Skirt Suit $20

Blazer $3.25

Pant Suit $7.50

Dress / Store Item $9.95

Skirt Suit $20

Blazer .99

Silk Blouse $28.90

Dress $23.50

Skirt Suit $2.25 - Mint Condition

Dress $31.00

Knit Top .99

Wool Slacks .99

Wool Slacks $15.00

Dress $16.01

Dress $42.05

Blazer $3.26

Dress $20.00

Blazer $17.16

Pant Suit $16.50

Dress $30.99

Sweater $14.49

Slacks $8.00

Knit Top $5.01

Blazer $8.50

Slacks $13.50

That's everything from last night.

This is a suit I couldn't sell at auction. I placed it in my store high at $34.99 and accepted a $20 Best Offer.

Skirt Suit / Store / Best Offer $20

Okay, that's all I have to report. I hope it helps. As for me, I've decided to treat this eBay ID more like a business and less like a part time hobby. My goal is to have a $500 night. Then 2 $500 night up to $2,000 per week and or $8,000 per month. I feel I can do it. Time will tell. I'm not sure I could do much better than this alone. I have several other IDs. I can only do so much at a time. I'm sure you know what I mean. Let me know if any of this info helps.

Get ready for September the sales are coming! Smile
Last edited by magienoire
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.