Skip to main content

Reply to "Everyone's stopped bitching?"

quote:
Another indefinite strike is scheduled for May 1, you probably heard about that already *sigh...

Like the last one, I doubt you'll even know it's going on.

I've been asking BUYERS as my sales complete if they've heard about the changes going on. NOBODY had any knowledge of fee increases, or the fact that sellers would not be able to leave negatives anymore. NONE knew the effect of leaving star values of 3 or 4, even though 3 or 4 still is a "good" rating on the buyer side. They had NO idea of how it was going to affect the seller who gets a statistical rating of 4.3 and is considered "bad". None knew what BEST MATCH was, nor cared. It was very revealing. You should ask your buyers yourself and see.

So I think it's really a matter of a very vocal minority. Maybe it is just "noise".

I'm still watching plenty of other sites. The results being they still do not have the traffic. I don't care what other people say. Maybe some get lucky and make a sale, or are selling common items (clothes, jewelry, shoes, pet supplies, and other dry goods). There just is no market on these other sites for the "unique one of a kind" items that made eBay what eBay is. You know, the "flea market" stuff.

I also do not believe the company is acting like ignorant assholes as they are being accused. I'm not saying I'm giving in or am going to the dark side, I'm just saying there are two sides to everything, and we're just on the one side.

Has anyone listened to the 90 minute audio recording of the February 4th "Town Hall" meeting? If not, you should. These do not sound like insane people to me. They sound like people who truly feel their changes are "right" and will make a difference. Will they? Time will tell. If they don't, they'll make more changes to correct them. Maybe those changes will suck too, or maybe they'll be better, who knows?

To put things in perspective, I was looking at my eBud database of sales from way way back in 2000. I was looking at total fee values on a number of sales, and comparing them to current sales of the same value. Yes, they are higher, but gasoline is much higher compared to these changes, and I don't see any boycott of oil companies. People ate still buying gas guzzling SUVs. I'll bet some of you just bought an SUV that gets 16mpg knowing full well gas is heading to $4 a gallon.

My point? None.

End of text.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.