Skip to main content

Reply to "feedback change petition"

Well, I'll say this: the amount of attention this is getting from media and such is pretty impressive so far.

Honestly, I pick my battles, and this change just isn't going to affect me as much as some other sellers. I just don't list enough there for it to make much of a difference, and while I think the feedback change thing is just silly, I don't think it will affect me much either.

eBay is putting a pine-scented air freshener on a turd, basically. They're trying to BE Amazon, but the two sites are just apples and oranges, so no amount of superficial changes are going to make it so. Amazon can get away with things like no buyer feedback (or at least buyer feedback that doesn't matter), because fraud is almost non-existent there.

I seriously hope for the best, because I know there are many people who need eBay, and I do think that they've been treated like crap by eBay. So, while I sincerely hope that the boycott/petitions do make a meaningful dent, realistically, I don't see it happening. They're too smart not to have thought ahead on this one.

I would rather see sellers put their energy into migrating their businesses onto other selling venues. There's a lot of opportunity out there - eBay's not the only fish (nor even the biggest) in the sea.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.