Skip to main content

Reply to "feedback change petition"

Boycotts and strikes will not work because there are always scabs. You make a hole, and somebody else will jump in and take advantage of it to make themselves money at your disadvantage.

Steve, you can call us all the names you like. NOTHING, and I do mean NOTHING is going to change. The only way it will change is if the numbers next year show it isn't going as planned. Seller beefs mean nothing. Do you actually believe every seller is going to stop selling for a month to "show them we mean business". Did anyone ever think a gasoline boycott to "show them we mean business" would work? I still need to go to work every day. Stop being naive. Boycotts, protests, strikes, they don't work. We're not unionized here so there is no collective that can be put into motion.

No offense to you, but if you don't want to suck it up, and feel you are a sheep, then fine, go someplace else.

eBay is a business, and their mission is to make money for their investors and stock holders. That's it. They aren't trying to benefit the sellers, just make money. I think we all know this.

These fees, and how they affect you personally depend on your selling model. I have a friend who lists a lot (100+ month), uses gallery, and has a very low sell through (20%). Of the few items sold, he makes a nice sum. For him, the new fee structure will save him money every month.

I sell a low volume of listings, say 20 per month. My sell through is about 90%, I never used gallery and my average final price is $25-50. I'm looking at a considerable fee increase of about 40%.

Every seller is different.

Also, all the noise is being directed toward the feedback changes, and little is being said about the fee changes. The feedback changes are nothing to me. I'm not afraid of getting negatives now, because nobody in the past every gave me one. I don't buy the "bad buyer" scenario where all these bad buyer zombies are going to come out of the ground and start giving sellers negatives for no reason. If you read between the lines, although you can't leave a negative for a buyer, there are going to be new controls and standards that buyers will be held accountable to. You got a buyer threatening you with feedback extortion? You can report him and he'll be suspended if it becomes a pattern. Were you lucky enough to get a negative from some buyer that was playing games? Well, if/when he gets suspended that negatives goes away. That never happened before.

Time to get back to selling.
Last edited by jeffs
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.