Skip to main content

Reply to "Feedback summary emails on hotmail"

THANK YOU to both of you for answering.

I didn't look much at the forums before joining Auctiva to be honest. Didn't really cross my mind but I certainly could have.

I am moving from --------- for a long variety of reasons, but I think I may keep one leg, hardee har har, over in their camp. Both Auctiva and --------- have their own strengths. Auctiva's strength is that it works. Also has good templating capabilities, can have more than one browser window open, can copy and paste from another application into description, the list goes on and on of the simple things that make it so much better. I like the emails, but I suppose they could be better. Mostly I like it because it's easy and it works all the time.

Seriously... --------- often just plain fails. And, from what I can tell, Auctiva has a support department that actually THINKS as individuals. I've filed a bunch of cases, like those I posted here. I'm getting some good feedback. --------- you will at best get a canned answer and an angry one at that.

And --------- has horrendous software development issues. Being an engineer for forever (30+ years), you can sniff out bad, or rotten as it were, software practices. Here's a good one... after 2 weeks, their bug database goes through and CLOSSES ALL OPEN BUGS. It just does it. If you don't keep filing the same bug, then it just gets erased. And even then it never gets worked on. They are in the process, in the past 2 days, of cramming a beta down the user's throats. It's been doing such nice things as offering free shipping, randomly, when you list. Some people are losing a LOT of money due to this.

The thing they do well they outsourced and that's the shipping part. They paired with Stamps.com. It's great and nothing ever breaks. The rest of the site sucks.

Here's a good one... for 2+ years people have asked for a title box where you can see the entire title, not just 40 characters. You STILL can't see the title.

There are 15 employees I learned from the CEO, that work there.

My biggest problem I would say is that I'm paying a lot to have these 3 services running every month - Stamps.com, ---------, Auctiva. But it's saving me a lot of time and headaches so it's hard to put a price on that.

I too am not a Facebook user. I know that's so dinosaur-like, but I'm not into the public spotlight. Multiple arrest warrants will do that :-O (insery humor)

Is there any way one of the nice, kind people here could try a test of getting a summary feedback email? Or, look at a report? The free Excel tools work with the CSV reports, but Excel doesn't. Go figure. One suggestion was that I move from Excel to OpenOffice. Oy. NOT a helpful solution.

What I think I'm going to do with the CSV situation is write a pre-parser that reformats the date fields into a useable format. It's better than an Excel Macro I think because of all the warnings, extra steps, etc. This way I'll download, run the parser and launch excel all in the same action.

Thank you both for taking the time to answer me.

If you have suggestions about other potential candidate systems to use, I'm listening. You can give starting and ending letter of the service perhaps? ;-) But I think for the money Auctiva is pretty darned good.
Last edited by auctivamiked
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.