Skip to main content

Reply to "Feedback summary emails on hotmail"

I share your thought!

The Auctiva support folks have been fantastic in my opinion overall, but I'm finding a lack of taking responsibility when there is a defined problem. The line of thinking I saw was that since my issue wasn't discussed in the forums a lot or brought up by many users, that it must not be that big of a problem. It is my own doing that the forum was brought up because I mentioned reading a 2009 post about the Excel date field being bad. Since there hasn't been discussion since then the problem must not really be a problem. I was escaping this kind of thinking when I signed up here at Auctiva.

Maybe it's because I've been in software for so long, but it bothers me that something so very fundamental in an Excel report, the date, remain broken for years and not fixed simply because enough people didn't squawk. Can the developers be THAT busy that someone can't fix what's clearly a bug? It's a philosphy and not a good one if priority is set by loudness of users. Pride in ownership.... the engineers should show a bit of pride in owning this software.

I do have to give credit to the support person helping me (just tried to find name but support's database is down or something). Anyway, they tried the report in free versions of Excel and it worked. That's great, but I use Excel. And Excel is the only application mentioned in the reporting instructions anyway. I don't want to download and install a free version of Excel to read Auctiva reports. Still, they are trying and I'm grateful for that.

The same soft of thing is happening this Feedback summary email. It's a feature that I was promised when I signed up and it's broken. Maybe it's been broken for 4 or 5 years, but it's still broken.

I didn't come to the forum to vent, or complain. That's so common and useless on forums. I really did come seeking feedback if others have issues, or had suggestions. But your observation that someone is indeed reading but not commenting does add weight to my thoughts that perhaps there's a bit of ignoring problems as a method of solving them. It's sad when that happens and it would drive me nuts if my engineers worked like this.

I totally, completely understand blanking out my mentioning the competitor. I should have known better, but the context wasn't one of promoting. Anyway, I'm good with the posts being edited. It beats them being deleted!

Thanks to all of ya, again, for your help and observations.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.