Skip to main content

Reply to "FILED SUPPORT REQUEST, NO RESPONSE!!"

what ticks me off is that you shouldnt have to go through all the extra steps to get your email to a person.

Which, i've had to do similar, myself. company that website is through shares an email server for all clients. So, of course it got on blacklist, which means that my email was getting blocked by some.

Didnt know it until I sent an email to a friend of mine whose site is hosted through godaddy. And even though she has all spam filters turned off, godaddy does some spam filtering that they dont tell their customers about and dont let customers have access to settings for. So, my email bouced back.

On an aside, this is why I will never use godaddy as a website provider, will only use it for domain registration. Filtering without telling the customer is one of my pet peeves and really ticks me off.

SPAM lists are so unreliable. That's why I dont use them. I have a few email accts that have spam filters on them, but those i only use for giving out to people that i figure will spam me. All my REAL email accts have zero filtering.

Having to go through extra steps to get email to customers is unfortunately a fact of life in today's spam-riddled era, but it really ticks me off. Should be up to the customers to fix (and they should be able to do the fix - ie: customer should be able to tell maintainers of blacklists to remove IP addys)

Another part of this is that some ISPs filter based on where it's from (ie: a sales@ return addy is automatically spam) and other random stuff. AOL was rejecting emails I was sending to one person when I tried to reply to their email. When I finally did it as a new email, rather than a reply, it went through. How much sense does that make?

[/rant]
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.