Skip to main content

Reply to "FILED SUPPORT REQUEST, NO RESPONSE!!"

quote:
Originally posted by Hoopinmom2:
Hey Donna.. I have to say... I am really hoping I don't have any problems like you all have had! Reading all this did make me laugh. I have ordered ebooks from you on two different accounts both with AOL and I have had NO problems.. Everything went through fast and easy.. I've received all your emails... I love your stuff and all your advice here on Auctiva! Thanks for all your help! Marsha

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<smile>
I was worried when I emailed them..but once the positive shows up then I know we're Good to Go as buyer and seller.

Could I ask you a question..not to put you on the hotseat and if I've overstepped my boundaries...please let me know.

I'm just curious is all and I was told growing up that there was no such thing as a stupid question only a person who thinks they'll feel stupid asking the question.

Anyhoooo...Why do you pay the price of AOL when there's netzero, peoplepc, copper.net and others that are half the price and less?

I do understand the need for dialup and being way out in BFE. I have lightning fast cable modem at home networked. But I have a dialup backup on my laptop for when I travel to my fathers or somewhere that doesn't have hot spots for puters. I use netzero and it's just fine and dandy. As I've always said, it's the same internet no matter how you access it. My father's way the heck out on an island off the coast of FL. I've used copper.net and liked it also.

I had AOL way back in the mid 90s. I don't see the draw personally but that's just me. Their built in browser isn't all it should be and it took an act of congress to get away from AOL. Every two weeks I would call AOL and state I want my account cancelled, they would say, Mrs. L, you have qualified for such and such months of free service. I'd state I didn't want it, they said there was nothing they could do about it..that my account had already been credited. I'd ask, how many minutes was used of AOL in the last two weeks. The rep would say...zero. Then I'd say, don't you think it's wise to close my account, I've faxed you the request several times. I had them uninstalled off my computer for at least 9 months before I could get them to let go of my account.

I'm sorry if I've dragged this out, I'm just curious.

You're too kind in your accoldades. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Peace,
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.