Skip to main content

Reply to "FILED SUPPORT REQUEST, NO RESPONSE!!"

quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
and the best protection for kids - it's called "adult supervision". Funny how people have seem to have forgotten all about their responsibility to supervise their kids. Instead they leave it to the schools, the govt, and now aol *shaking head*

I wholeheartedly agree.

My controls are better than any controls that can be had.

Number one control is my children have a healthy fear of ME!

The kids computer is in the family room, plus it has controls under ALL of my browsers that I personally hand picked. Key words and such that even if they're put in can't be brought up on the children's computer. I say children but they're a newly turned 16 and an almost 19 year old.

My computer is so tight it squeaks. And nobody touches the laptop.

I'm a realist though..and know that my children are VERY savvy to computers. We've had at least one in our house at any given time since 91. Most of the time it's two plus computers.

We were on the internet when the background was black and the text was white. No pictures with a 2400 modem. Talk about dinosaurs...yep, we were roaming with them. <smile>

My second son was in a class for gifted "computer geeks" in high school and the first week he was in that class they hacked around the school's firewall got into a site that wasn't supposed to be able to be hacked. <cough cough> Not only did they get in but just for kicks they downloaded all kinds of programs around that part of the schools' firewall just to prove they could do it.

I guess what I'm trying to get across is that the wrath of Momma is real around this household and even though I know they could get around the controls...they don't.

Parents need to be parents and not friends to their children.

That's my two cents,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.