Skip to main content

Reply to "Firefox 3 crashing when uploading photos"

quote:
The images are making it to the Auctiva server even if it crashes. It seems to crash when waiting for/receiving a callback or something from the server after the image finishes uploading.

Hmmm...at that point, it normally switches pages and gives a Confirmation banner with each file indicating it's been uploaded, and the lower portion of the page shows your image library, i.e. looks like it lands on the Managed images page. So, it's failing at the point were the browser is changing the page.

I would guess a script is probably running and it's being blocked. That would explain both an ActiveX and Java problem.

I have been trying to see if there was any tie to a Security Update for IE (all versions) that microsoft began rolling back around December 18th. The update was apparently for a problem with active content or scripting. The update shows in my Microsoft Update log as "Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB960714). That update not only installs a little different for each verions of IE, but also for each version of Windows OS and Service Pack level. I was curious why some with prior to Service Pack 3 of XP reported that upgrade to Service Pack 3 fixed their problem.

Danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.