Skip to main content

Reply to "fractions in titles"

quote:
Originally posted by bartonsbargains:
You can put the fractions in your title if you like, but chances are no one is going to search for them that way. The ¼ is a special character that no one has on their keyboard, so most people aren't going to search with that character and if they put in 1/4, eBays search engine isn't going to match your listing either. Also, using 1/4 and 1/2 to represent fractions in listings only works if the user searches for them in quotes ("1/2"). This is because eBay treats the / like a space in titles and not a slash, so a search for 1/2 is the same as a search for 1 2. The only other way I see to describe fractions is using words (one-quarter, one-half, three-quarters).

Now that was something I never knew.
So when I sell a pair of shoes and the size is 8 1/2..the 1/2 doesn't get picked up by those searching titles only.

What other solutions would you offer for those of us who sell clothing/shoes/anything that requires the 1/2 etc? Besides hoping that buyers search through title and description. (knowing that we're smart enough to have a complete description with the 1/2 in it)

Thanks, Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.