Skip to main content

Reply to "Fraud on ebay"

I get your thinking, buying and selling on EBay can seem scary, but I'm not sure what you're suggesting is the best idea.

There's plenty of good advice here and on ebay forums about known scams and how to avoid them. I'm a member of a forum called !!All about selling!!

http://groups.ebay.co.uk/clubforum.jspa?forumID=100002525

which is quite useful. I suppose the most important thing I've learned as a seller is not too leave feedback first, wait for the buyer to leave feedback and then they are less likely to falsley claim non receipt of good.

I also tend to be cautious with e-mails and log in directly to www.ebay.co.uk or www.paypal.com rather than following a link from an e-mail.

Lastly - as always - if it seems to good to be true, it probably is. If you get any odd requests from members, just post them here and the veterans will be able to help you to decide what to do.

I hope you don't think I'm patronising you, but I am fairly new to all this and have learned the above in the last couple of weeks. Thankfully I haven't had to learn it the hard way.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.