Skip to main content

Reply to ""Free Shipping to Earn Automatic 5 Stars""

Here is a trick on how to get bad thief buyers who think that all must be free away from the site.
In my 15 years in ebay I have learned one trick that always works. Lets say I sell a watch $ 120.00 plus $ 6.00 in international shipping fee. The buyer from the get go says well the shipping seems high. You agree with that person and ship the item stating the full value or base value on the Customs declaration form. Buyers who are trouble from the get go get a nice surprise when the item arrives in most countries outside the USA the Import duty can range from 7 - 25% the import tax from 20- 35% so If I add the full value on the item lets say $ 240.00 the tax for that item will turn the bad buyer off after all if you want to steal something it means you don't want to pay for it correct much less pay your local country taxes.
In addition to that you get prove of shipment USPS cost is $ 1.25 once the buyer claims that he she did not get the item you present the proof of shipment together with the Customs form and file a counterclaim in paypal this will ensure a maximum 90 day processing time in which time your item comes back the buyer gets nothing besides the money he has paid for and in most cases the time to leave feedback has passed.
In addition the thief buyer is turned off by this process because he/she now must present information to Paypal and also risk the fear of his local Customs Office keeping a eye on him/here for future activity.
Like I said before ( " been there done that got a closet full off T-shirts from it. " )
Alex
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.