Skip to main content

Reply to "Friday June 9th (PDT) - Release Discussion Thread"

quote:
Originally posted by queen_mab:
i saw some peeps mention auto feedback service; i've never noticed that; where is it exactly?
function is not yet visible/available. is in update that theyre releasing today.

quote:

and here's the biggie... what exactly is beta

in computer terminology, when youre creating software, you have the alpha (which is the very basic prototype of the product), and the beta (which is the working prototype but still needs work, may have bugs, etc) (and then of course you have the finished product that is released)

the auctiva beta was where upcoming changes to site were being tested, reviewed, etc.
quote:

and does that mean there will be two versions of auctiva, or is the site switching to beta...
there wont be two versions, no. and unlike microsoft and ebay, who both seem to constantly keep their products in "beta testing" mode, site wont be switched to beta Wink

quote:

and finally, what's the diff. btwn listing on auctiva, and using the 'classic software', and is the old software still available?

classic auctiva is still available. site is http://classic.auctiva.com basically the difference is that classic auctiva runs on your computer, whereas new auctiva is through website.
quote:

and btw, i'm really glad i found auctiva... i've been talking about selling on ebay for so long, but don't know if i ever would have done it w/o this site! *cheers*
welcome to auctiva! kick your shoes off, sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay Smile
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.