Skip to main content

Reply to "Fun Question for everyone...check it out!!"

I've been on the cyberspace/internet journey since 1991. Usenet forums, etc.

In 1997, I decided my online "handle" needed to suit my personality. I was investigating some creative writing online venues and really felt that Gosh..My online handle is boring in comparison to others nor does it make persons perk at my writing when they see it. Those with "better" online handles seemed to get their articles submitted faster than I did. (BTW, I'm now a published authorette)I was using my three initials with numbers behind it...how boring....so a change was needed.

The first thing that came to mind was Southern. I'm born, bred and many generationed Southern and very proud of my heritage. Next was a no-brainer. I was raised to believe that I am a diamond, a gem...a Jewel. Voila! An online handle that suited me to an absolute T. But Southern Jewel was taken. Thus began my tweaking of letters...I considered it like trying to get your name to fit on a vanity tag. <smile> Finally after many tries, Suthrnjewl was born! And the name has stuck, too!

I own both the domain names, Suthrnjewl and SouthernJewel so my customers can always find me.

So there you have it..
The long drawn out tale of my name and how it came about.

I love hearing how folks come up with their online personna's...always insightful to their personalities!
(Except for Auctiva David of course, JOKE! Teasing!)

Take care,
Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.