Skip to main content

Reply to "Gallery pics"

quote:
Originally posted by dawn7044:
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie on here so please be kind!

First of all thanks for all the useful information. This is the first time I've needed to have a look for some help - and found it! My gallery pics were missing too.

I see that some of you are having problems in getting the instructions below to work successfully and yield a gallery picture. If you click the same picture that was used as your gallery pic in the original listing, it doesn't have any effect. But, if you insert a different picture url into the revised listing and save that, then go in again and repeat the procedure with the correct gallery picture, it does appear. Well, it does for me.

I know it's quite time consuming and don't you just hate having to do things twice!, but it seems to be a way around the problem, for me anyway.

Hope this helps some of you.

I'm a bit confused here (silver surfer you see). When I go into revise my item in eBay I cannot do anything with the image, ie, remove it, change it etc. What am I missing?

quote:
Originally posted by loulou777pink:
Hi, I have got the same problem - no gallery pics. Received a reply from Auctiva:-

"Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter, and I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. I would like to assure you that currently there is nothing wrong at our end which would account for this issue. However, we have been receiving similar type of cases from other users. Since, there is nothing awry at our end currently; this issue must have arisen due to some temporary communication failure between eBay servers and Auctiva. In order to rectify this problem, I would request you to refresh the images for those specific listings that are exhibiting this problem. Please find the instructions for the same as provided below:

1) Visit the item on eBay.
2) Right-click the image you’d like to make your new header/gallery image and click “Properties”
3) Copy the image URL, which begins with http://...
4) Click the “Revise your Item” link at the top of the auction page.
5) Click the “Add Pictures” button.
6) Delete the text (if any) in the “Enter URL…” field (if any) and replace it with the copied URL.
7) Click the “Insert Pictures” button and save your changes"

It didn't work for me, but maybe it will for you??
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.