Skip to main content

Reply to "Gallery pictures in your store... whats the point?"

Not only do you pay a monthly store fee, whether you use it or not, but you also pay a higher FVF now. Ebay raised store fees a LOT a year or so ago but we paid those for a while before we started seeing more changes.

If someone clicks on that item that's a store listing, you pay a lot more in FVF than you would if it was a fixed-price listing, which had a higher insertion fee. It's a tradeoff. Due to the higher FVFs, I used a lot more fixed-price listings this holiday season. At slower times I really hate paying the higher insertion fees so my item MIGHT sell.

The 10 cent listing day showed me how much more I can sell if I list more... but without that kind of a sale, the listing fees offset the profit from extra sales.

Anyhow... I have mixed feelings about the new search results. As a store seller, I like the extra exposure. As a smaller store seller, I resent that bigger sellers with hundreds or thousands of items in their store fill up the results page. It makes me wonder if I should re-evaluate some of my store listing strategies.

Meanwhile I did not enjoy having my "other items" search page messed up all last week. Half the times I looked, my auctions didn't show up. Just fixed-price and store listings. Not cool!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.