Skip to main content

Reply to "Get HTML button not working"

quote:
Originally posted by Dirk:
I've now completely dumped norton from my system.

First and foremost, I would ask if you manually went into your registry and deleted Norton, line by line. Despite what Symantec says, it's almost impossible to completely remove Norton without doing so. Using the "Add/Remove programs" usually just doesn't cut it. I don't know which Norton product or release # you had (have) but if you do a Google search on "remove norton blah-blah-blah 2005" or whatever, you can easily find directions on how to completely remove the product, including getting it out of your registry. This is a "been there, done that" for me - not heresay.

The next thing that kept my "Get HTML" from not working was not having my firewall configured to let Auctiva run pop-ups. My firewall is "Zone-Alarm", aka "Computer Associates eTrust Personal Firewall", and about a zillion others and a zillion other pseudonyms.

If by chance you've got it, (which it doesn't sound like), when you look at the source code of any web-page you will see a line something like this at the end of the "<head>" section: "<script language='javascript' src='http://127.0.0.1xxxx/js.cgi?pca&r="xxxx, </script>" where the "xxxx"'s represent variable length strings of numerals. That's the giveaway that you have Zone-Alarm or one of it's repackaged siblings.

Hope this helps.

CB
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.