Skip to main content

Reply to "Getting Started with Auctiva"

quote:
Could one use both? I am asking because it would be great for me to use the classic site for the desktop software since I'm stuck on dial up but still use the many neat features on the free site.

Thanks,
Momborch

Well, Yes, but it would probably be a pain to integrate things at the desktop for direct submission from Classic, e.g. the Scrolling Gallery. I'm honestly not sure they maintain the same template themes, etc. You'd need to carefully evaluate what you can and can't do from desktop in taking advantage of both sites features.

In truth, I'd consider an upgrade from dial for best use of either. However, Classic is probably a better candidtate for a dial user, as it dates to that era and functionaltiy would suffer for use of the new with low bandwidth.

I have thought about suggesting they add a desktop builder/lister/customer-backup feature to the NEW site to assist transition (porting from TL or BT or theirs) or low bandwidth users and provide a cleaner (best use of bandwidth and customer time) feature to NEW. It certainly would help those peak usage days and might help with after-hours upload of a days work in building listings. It could also be a potential work-around to a direct submisson option to other listing sites without breaking any contract or partnering with ebay agreements (JUST A THOUGHT JEFF).

Danno
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.