Skip to main content

Reply to "Getting Started with Auctiva"

At low bandwidth, you will have slower page loads and upload of pictures. If you are thinking eStore, or any heavy use of NEW, I'd look into DSL or T1 (phone company options) or see if your cable company will do anything at your location.

I'm not sure about the status of Classic, as I only briefly reviewed it as an option years ago. I'm not thinking they are putting the resources into Classic development, so it's likely a "dated" product. I think I saw CEO Jeff state something about that awhile back.

That's why a desktop "front-end" for the new might solve a number of problems, including your situation. I think Auctiva will have more pressure to expand the service to other venues in the coming months, so I'm thinking about HOW I'd make the play without stepping on the ebay toes. It hasn't passed my notice that ebay may jump on Auctiva's by forcing PayPal Only, i.e. stop Merchant cards on other than PayPal use. That would really force the issue on coming eComm and Auctiva checkout.

**Jeff**, you got to be spinning wildly on the possibilities and (as always) I'm still an ebay advocate (painfully)..... Roll Eyes Their shifts are going to hurt us all without thinking ahead with a game plan on eComm should they force that issue. Stats on listings and sell-through are rising on the alternatives every day. My stats are taking a beating on the ONE, due primarily to Search visibility.

BTW....not listing now, not because I've joined any boycott. I'm trying to absorb all the new policy decisions and rapid change without accidently making some infraction that causes instant suspension. They are making changes so fast that their own reps aren't aware or can help....including PayPal. It's just a dangerous time to list, like going to sea from safe harbor in the middle of a hurricane.

Danno
Last edited by danno
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.