Skip to main content

Reply to "Getting Tech Support"

I did not post my problem on the forum, because I incorrectly felt the problem was with Auctiva’s software and that members of the forum could not speak for Auctiva, could not troubleshoot the Auctiva coding, and could not rewrite any of the code. Since the members of this forum do not have access to the code, I did not realize that members of the forum could fix the problem of saved and scheduled listings in my account from posting to eBay.

When the scheduled posting occurred, I felt that Auctiva staff could troubleshoot the software to see what is going on verse what was planned by the software developers.

Since seven saved listings were scheduled for posting to eBay, and two failed to post, and all where created with the same cut and past MS Word functions, I did not understand why five listing posted and two did not. I felt that Auctiva was practicilarily well placed to address a problem that was affecting me and probably others. Since I have used Auctiva software for 80 listings and these two were the latest to not post, I felt Auctiva opinion was the most desirable. If I wanted to leave a problem unaddressed, I could have gone for just a work-around and posted my problem on this forum.

When my two listings did not post at the correct time, I went back to review the listings, and finding no errors, rescheduled the listing to post. I did this several time for both listing on three different days. During each series of actions on my part, I tried to change or check every part of my listing to fix a problem that I was creating. What was I doing that allowed most of my 80 listing to post, and two not to post? What errors did my postings cause to occur at Auctiva when the posting failed to occur? What did the software says the problem was? How far did the software go before it failed to execut as desired? Did these problem affect the system or just a single user? Then, why not program a catch for the problem? Can I test of the problem in my listing before I save them or try to post them?

Next, I patiently waited an entire 24 hours for any non-canned reply; then I submitted another e-mail tech support stating the problem a different way. Both of these requests were submitted in the early morning, East Coast time. Near the close of business, West Coast time, I felt that some reply was due from tech support. I did not feel that tech support had noticed my request. I had NO REPLIES from tech support of any kind; let alone on the issues I had sent to tech support is their prescribed and approved fashion.

Since I had described the problem to tech support with my user name and the listing were still in my Auctiva account, I felt that after anyone looked into the situation, even if they could not find any problems, some type of inquiry on their part would be generated to me. If they found a problem then it was or will be corrected, usually tech support reports back to the person requesting the request? Should this be done in an hour or two? A day or two?

When I was working in a major communication company, the policy was a two hour acknowledgement of the problem, after hour hours, add addition tech support person was added to the solution and a supervisor was added, at eight hours, the event was raised to a level that every vice president in the company was aware of the problem and all were aware of the proposed solutions; all were trying to solve the problem, and the customer was informed periodically that people were working on the problem. I did not expect Auctiva to treat this problem of mine with this level of importance, in dealing with other tech support at MacAfee, Microsoft, Cisco, HP and others, none of these or other companies failed to indicate that someone was working on the problem after about 36 hours. Since I was dealing with this problem 120 hours and Auctiva tech support had this problem for over 48 hours, I felt that I was entitled to better service, at least I felt that someone in text support should be communicating in some type of personal and specific way with me.

In the past, a tech support person telephoned me to clarify the problem, provide a work around, and he finally e-mailed several days later about a conclusion to my problem. Since no one at the company has talked to me about the problem yet, I do not feel that this is a good example of tech support. I still feel that it is unbelievable that supervisors feel that this is being handled correctly, and one at the company has talked to me about the problem. This problem has not changed since Thursday, a week ago – a total of nine days.

However, I will ask the forum, what is my problem, what is the work around, should anyone at the company be informed of the problem? Do you need any additional information to help me?

Thank you.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.