Skip to main content

Reply to ""Getting the Feedback You Deserve""

I was the first to respond to this news letter piece and I have to say taht you put it perfectly and said eveything I wanted to say. We all know Auctiva works hand in hand with Ebay thus being able to normally give good advice for making out selling experience work for each of us. But this news letter piece was way off line and it would seem made all of us feel more anger towards the unfair feedback system and a little upset with the one venue that seemed to always add hope with its news letters. I realize Ebay and now Auctive feels we as sellers don't get it and that they think we should eat all the losses we are taking. but there comes a time when reality hits and the boss being myself for my business or Ebay to see that sometimes mistakes are made that send a business into a tailspin and business declines due to that mistake. I think of the big Car Dealers and the stock market as i say tht and what it has done to our economy. Well Auctive and EBay wake up... Sellers are losing money...Thus Ebay is losing money and much of it has to do with some very poor business changes that started a chain reaction. It is evident that Ebay is losing money and is sending out crazy Hello sellers how stupid are you emails such as the one I received yesterday saying I would get Free skiting for the 1st five June Listings. But by the way you will pay 8.75% final fee. Humm.. do me a favor don't chage me 5 times the 55 cent listing fee to call it free. That email fell somewhere in the same catagory as the sellers have no say or control over feedback for the bad buyers out there. Or no control over buyers who lie in there feedback and star ratings. I agree witht he person who said that ebay has run small dollars out of business with fees and demands. I to was forced to raise my prices on my items to meet the raise in fees. If I could sell for lower prices and less fees then Ebay and I would both make out, instead fees have dropped my sales as i don't list as many items as I used to, and feedback DSR's have dropped my ratings, my sales, off power seller and the discounts ebay promises with power seller statis...which franky seems realy bad business practices on Ebay's part..I don't list ..Ebay loses money, I don't sell Ebay loses, I don't sell and my buyers lose. But I can't afford to pay the high fees, or the extra shipping cost when buyers want something for nothing and are allowed to rate me on shipping cost and shipping time while ebay wants to get rich off my little business that by the way once provided my total income. So Auctiva if you are going to advise us please tell us how we might handle the losses and as this seller said the fear every day of getting a negative feedback and star rating for not taking a loss on shipping an item just to get Positive feedback.
quote:
Originally posted by sd08:
First of all, thank you for your newsletters, I get some good ideas from them and sure can't beat the price!
But could I suggest a different viewpoint on feedback on ebay? This article, though very well written, is just not reality based. Sellers have no control over the current feedback situation. A seller can do everything you list in your article and still get negative feedback because the current feedback setup on ebay is based more on the personality of the buyer than the actual buying experience.

I would like to request that if you write articles about feedback in future you write something that gives hints to sellers as to how to survive the current set up, perhaps hints as to how to turn negative feedback around? ("Reply to Feedback" Feature, About Me page, etc????, statements in the description???) Even just a strategy as how to survive the bad selling experiences, to not let the feedback system ruin your life.... when I got my first negative feedback(s), I actually got sick to my stomach whenever I signed on to my account. If you would write an article on how to overcome that kind of fear, that would be most helpful!

Thank you....
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.