Skip to main content

Reply to ""Getting the Feedback You Deserve""

Well, AuctivaEditor2, it looks like you're all alone with the views expressed in your article. I totally agree with the other posts to your article. I've been buying and selling on ebay since the beginning, just small time though, like many other ebay natives, so the ebay geniuses have decided it's best to squeeze us out by making it near impossible to succeed with any profit. I have learned that the only way I can get my shipping price DSR up is to ship everything for free. Do other businesses outside ebay feel forced to do this? I think not. Well I'm not going to do it. Everybody loses in this sceneraio except ebay and paypal. If I offer free shipping then the price of the item is higher - buyer loses. I know longer offer as much variety because some items are too heavy - buyer loses. I pay more fees to ebay and paypal because the listing and selling price really includes the shipping - seller loses. This is the part where I disagree with some of the other posts. Ebay is not losing with the new DSR or they would have gotten rid of it. We all know how they love to constantly change things. Think about how much extra money they are making off all of us by forcing the free shipping thing and charge fees for higher priced items. As a seller, not only do you feel forced into free shipping to get a good DSR but ebay also bumps you lower in buyer searches if you don't offer free shipping. They are just old fashioned crooks.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.