Skip to main content

Reply to "Google Chrome and Weird Backspace Key Issues"

Hi lookandbuyme,

I don't believe this could be related to the problem you reported in support case # 514128. The saved listing which you had trouble editing contained some abnormal formatting code our editor could not have created (referring to the term “-webkit-”) which proved to be the source of your formatting difficulties.

Initially, the description of that listing was showing up in completely different sizes depending on whether it was viewed through Firefox or Chrome. However, once I removed that abnormal formatting code from the HTML, the text appeared the same when viewed through Chrome as it did in Firefox and I had no trouble changing the font and size of the text using either browser.

If that problem was a result of an inherent conflict between the Design Editor 2.0 and Google Chrome, the problem would have persisted once the abnormal formatting code was removed and that did not happen, at least during my testing.

If you are still encountering similar difficulties, please feel free to follow up with me through that support case to describe what you are still having trouble with and I will do my best to help you out.

On a related note, we have since confirmed that a patch is available that should fix the problem the original poster began this thread to report and we expect to be able to incorporate it into our next planned site update which will likely take place within the next few weeks.

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.