Skip to main content

Reply to "GRRRR! 18 items listed - none sold!"

Hi all, thanks for your input. Just a few notes here, not trying to be argumentative. On listing Epidendrum there are 3 pics. Most have 2 with the bloom showing first. So now I'm really confused.

Also, if I list them any lower don't I risk loosing money? I searched and that seems to be the going price for mounted orchids. And if you take what I paid for them, add in mounting and growing costs, I'm really loosing money at $8.50, particularly after I pay ebay and paypal fees. Further, you can't buy these at WalMart or HD - at least not here in Co. Again, not trying to be argumentive, just trying to learn. Are you suggesting that I loose money initially just to get some sales and build up my reputation (not a bad idea if thats what you're trying to say). I guess the whole point was to make money, not loose it.... I'm confused, please forgive me. I'm really trying to learn here and appreciate your patients.

As far as shipping, ok, I'll admit, they're too high. I guess I just got lazy and figured it was easier to put one price in rather than weighing each item. Ive seen others do it and sell effectively. Laziness cost me, lesson learned.

Again, thank you everyone for your input. I'm taking a break from ebay for a few weeks to work on my business plan and hopefull will get this figured out, but your input has been imperative to this process. I'm deeply grateful and will be watching the forums for more input.

CrazyOrchidLady
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.