Skip to main content

Reply to "GRRRR! 18 items listed - none sold!"

Good points from Buscuit. According to an 'about you' page on your site, you first got some orchids from your fiance, (Sorry about his passing... Frown), and grew your own plants afterward. Do you grow from seeds? Do you harvest seeds from mature plants to make new ones. This is not the easiest thing to do in horticulture, but if it can be done, your budget should become more comfortable.
Also as Buscuit mentioned, starting auctions at a low price can be unbelievably profitable. I've seen it happen time and time again. There are times that one can lose some money, but for the most part, it is really a good way to go especially considering buyer/auction mentality. People like an unbeatable deal and they hate to lose!
Final note. Even though you seem to be an internet only business, have you ever sold plants in your own area? (School sales, Flea markets, yard sales, street fairs, county fairs...?) You can give out business cards to your website which can only help future sales in addition to your overall positive well being. Sometimes watching people actually looking at your plants in person is worth it and helps during those times that you are waiting on someone to buy something from your auctions.
Haven't seen anything lately on your site. I hope you haven't given up. I think you have great potential. Also your blog is very informative.
Alright, I talked enough. Big Grin
Bye Bye for now.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.