Skip to main content

Reply to ""Handling Negative Feedback""

Inundate eBay with complaints about any unjustified negative feedback; they'll get tired of fielding them and go back to two-way.

Again, two-way feedback, if they want to do away with it, should not be a feature until a person has 25 successful transactions.

On the other hand, they are averaging the scores month by month, so unwarranted negative feedback doesn't affect overall rating for more than a month.

eBay's numbers crunchers will be watching the overall month-by-month trend on averages across the board for everyone to see if it is having a negative effect on the whole feedback process.

As to leaving in droves, again, I recommend Overstock.com auctions as they encourage and welcome eBay defectors, have had an auction site for a long time and (used to) advertise it.
Nice community; still not enough sellers because not enough buyers because not enough sellers, if you get my drift.

People just think "eBay" when they think "auction."

I like Overstock's policies and keep trying to get more people to at least open up a supplementary auction site there in order to increase the volume of business. Right now, it is mostly buy it now, as listing items low for auction does not result in much bidding -- and they have the best bidding policies, designed to stimulate bidding and discourage snipers, which increases the final price. Maybe listing auctions to end on Sunday nights would help -- if buyers knew that Sunday nights were hot there, it would increase buying and selling.

Throwing that suggestion out to anyone else who can start supplemental sales there.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.