Skip to main content

Reply to ""Handling Negative Feedback""

I too am a long time seller and buyer. I used to sell on average at least $4,000. a month of odds and ends that I had purchased at auctions. Being an honest and dependable seller, I shipped only using the free shipping tyvek bags and priority boxes provided by the US mail, so my DSR ratings should all be perfect, as should the time involved shipping since I printed a paypal shipping lable for transactions paid on paypal and the box went immediately on the front porch and the mail carrier picked the parcels up the following day. I shipped very fast in other words. No way to ship any faster. Also, If they paid for their item with a Money Order, I would take the item to the post office and pay out of my pocket for the delivery confirmation that ebay calculator doesn't add in thew priority mail calculation. I ended up Paying and some of my buyers actually hit my DSR ratings, with the shipping time (how could I have done it better? Only if I were psychic and sent it before receiving payment) and the cost of shipping (which hit below the belt if it was one of those Money Order people, and I'm betting it was, and to think I paid for the shipping tracking thing)., so I really got mad. I knew it wasn't working in February. I found out the first of Feb. that I have a cancer that isn't treatable with chemo and I am classified as one in a billion. That same month, going through all that, I get hit with a slump in the DSR rating, and folks, I only sold a very few items, so there you have it. I am Boycotting. I will No longer sell on ebay until they (ebay) either make it so the buyers can't leave neg. or neutral fb, making it an even playing field, or restore the FB the way it was. If I have a buyer who plays games and extortion, well hey, where is my protection? Ebay doesn't respond properly, they send you a reply that has nothing to do with the problem. Instead, they quote the same garbage they designed for us to read in the policies and rules. Oh, here's an example of ebay's replies. I once had a Railroad Key to sell, antique key from a railroad no longer in business. Ebay pulled that listing (and I was still charged the listing fees) and they sent me a letter stating you can not sell uniforms because a terrorist could use it as a disguise? Hello, since when is an old antique key a uniform? Especially when the RR co. is no longer in business? Didn't make any sence at all. I give up. To allow the dead beats out there, and there are plenty of them, to extort from us sellers is unfair and a real blow to the ebay community. It can't possibly succeed, it will definately be the downfall of ebay. I am sure it must be having some effect on sales and I have noticed when looking (browsing) on ebay, I can no longer find listings for items like I used to find. I tried looking up how much the Hasbro 1971 Bowl-A-Strike game was selling for, No listings found. Amazing. Last year, I saw plenty of them listed. Try it with items you have looked for in the past, weird stuff from the 70's. Books from the 1800's-1900's. You'll find a lot of stuff isn't there because the listing people aren't there. It appears that some illegal practices are going on, like padding inventory (cyber padding). I'm fed up. I Boycotted and will continue to boycott until the end of time. Goodluck to any who stay and are abused by the new system set up for iminent failure.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.