Skip to main content

Reply to "HELP API Error !"

Regarding responsibility regarding damage.

One should ensure that their packing techniques will allow the item to survive the post office lunchtime 5-a side football match with thier parcel (a wonderful description from a buyer of mine).

If the item is valuable it should be posted by a signed for service with insurance. This option should be clearly shown on your listing.

Low value items i.e. <£32 keep proof of postage then that can be used to claim off the post office for loss. Damaged on arrival should be claimed by the buyer via the post office and lets face it if the item was poorly packed the claim will bounce back on you (the seller) I am sure.

Lost items involve both seller and buyers address being submitted to the post office so potential scammers on either side will get black listed by the PO.

In summary pack well (including clear printed labels for destination and from address ) and follow post office recommendations then you have met your responsibilty. It is all very well if eBay wants to say it is the sellers responsibility but failure to deliver and crushing in post office machinery be it sorting or being runover is beyond our (the sellers)control. Mad
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.