Skip to main content

Reply to "Help Content"

OK. I appreciate the responses. I understand it is a free service, never said anything negative about the service at all. I also understand that the help ticket system works pretty well and that you all do a pretty good job at providing answers. That was not however , (my apologies for seeming insulting), my point.

The point was good software (auctiva is good software), needs a robust help system (it doesn't) one that can and should provide some basic answers when troubleshooting (it doesn't).

Seems like my suggestions offended a couple of you possibly and it may have been taken personally or quite possible my observations were misunderstood. Wasn't my intent.

Maybe I misread the FAQ/Header for this board and this was not really the place to write suggestions?

My suggestions had really nothing to do with the help ticket system, the professional help providers , the auction classes offered or any of the other things you mentioned.

I only offered my suggestions as a 30 year software professional and a long time software user that the on-line (when you click the help button) help pages be more robust. Personally, I've learned more in searching the advice given by the professionals and the other members than the help system offers, and that seems like an easy fix to me.

To me when the things mentioned in the posts on this board come up over and over again , it seems like those pieces of advice should be included in the basic help system and most of them really are not there, and that wasn't the point anyway. I found the answers I was looking for here, in this community. It's almost better to come to the community board and look for help that it is to click the help button.

By all appearances those issues are adressed in your help ticket system and on this board adequately. So while I appreciate the answers everyone gave, the answers didn't really address the issues, other than to tell me to take classes, use the forum search capacity (which I already knew and didn't ask about) and fill out a help ticket. I agree however that Auctiva service is the best I've seen, and did not question that at all in my original post. The reason I signed up is because they whip the pants off everybody else, hands down.

The remedies you all suggest are basic help desk issues, the suggestions I gave are programming issues. Auctiva is a great service and I like it a lot. However The help content is help-lite (ticket used or not), classes don't help lite content (wouldn't have helped and yes I took them) and I don't see a troubleshooting system that is built in. Providing a robust issues driven help menu with better content eliminates the need to fill out a help ticket in the first place, I would think.

Maybe that is a bit clearer.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.